The benefits of professional sealcoating are numerous. Environmental elements like the sun, wind, and water can impose a damaging effect on asphalt surfaces. As the asphalt hardens or oxidizes, it will become more inflexible, making it susceptible to cracks as it is unable to bend and flex with changing weather and climate conditions. A True North professional sealcoat application creates a barrier between the asphalt and the elements, thus slowing down the oxidation process, and prolonging the life of the asphalt during freeze and thaw cycles.
Benefits of Seal Coating:
- Sealcoating creates more surface friction and added stability to motorists and foot traffic.
- Long term cost savings. Pennies per square foot for preventative sealcoating versus dollars to repair or replace asphalt.
- Prolong the life of asphalt surface between climate changes (freeze and thaw cycles)
- Preventative maintenance cost reduction
- Sealcoating leaves a smooth and clean finishing, reducing time spent cleaning.
- Aesthetic appeal of sealcoating creates an attractive black surface which is ideal for painting lines or other markers.
- Seal Coating reduces the depth to which oil and/or gas can penetrate the